3D Animation and Visual Effects with Maya/After Effects/V-Ray
This high impact 3D Animation and Visual Effects programme is for students who are interested to work in the film, TV or visual effects industry. It is a practical programme designed to give students the best technical training to work as 3D artists using the popular Maya 3D software as well as the latest state-of-the-art technology and processes. Students will be exposed to all aspects of 3D modelling, animation principles and compositing techniques with the help of Autodesk Maya & Mudbox, Adobe After-Effects and V-Ray.
The functional, hands-on and industry focused approach of this program provide the student with a showreel portfolio of work and a competitive edge in the job market and make it easier to attract the attention of potential employers.
Features and Benefits
- Students will receive no cost student licenses of all software programs used during the programme.
- During the program, students will prepare and write the Autodesk Maya User and Autodesk Maya Professional certification.
- Students will work towards compiling a Portfolio of Evidence and student showreel to allow for early and continuous job application.
- Industry exposure through our industry contacts and online recruitment portal.
- Showcase of student work at our annual internal Job Fair for exposure to potential employers as well as the popular Rage Expo or Comicon.
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) with Foundational Mathematics and English as your home/first language.
- Computer literacy (hardware functions; operating systems; file management)
- 10 months (10 Sessions/Week, 2:00 hours each, +- 2 ½ day/week, class times are between 08:30 & 16:00)
- All learning hours are achieved via your study duration at the academy, studio time and project-based assignments.
*Sessions will be grouped together to lower cost of traveling, however, in some cases classes may not follow this convention and schedules are subject to change.
Online & Part Time
- Part Time = 10 months (2 x evening classes, 18:00 to 21:00, Mon & Wed OR Tues & Thur)
- Online = 10 Months (Online live classes, twice/week, 17:00 - 18:00, Mon & Wed OR Tues & Thurs)
- All learning hours are obtained through a combination of live virtual classes, pre-recorded video lectures and project-based tasks.
Your study kit is included in your fees and will contain:
- Free WIFI (3GB/Month, On Campus only).
- Autodesk student licenses valid for three years.
- Stationary including, Notepad, Sketchpad, A4 & A3 Paper and Tracing Paper.
- Electronic Study Guides.
- Orientation kit including: Student Card, Welcome Letter, Getting Started Guide.
- Access to myAcademy student portal and student support team via phone, email and tickets.
- USB 64GB with all required software applications.
- Game Content Creator
- 3D Animator
- 3D Asset Creator (VR)
- Product Modelling
Price & Payment Options
Registration & Deposit R3,500.00
Include Laptop R18,000.00
Full and Part TimeInstallment (9 Months) R7,185.14Installment (9 Months) R4,885.14Installment (12 Months) R5,635.83Installment (12 Months) R3,835.83Installment (18 Months) R4,086.53Installment (18 Months) R2,786.53Full Upfront Fee (Less deposit and registration fee) R55,775.00Full Upfront Fee (Less deposit and registration fee) R37,775.00
OnlineInstallment (9 Months) R5,907.36Installment (9 Months) R3,607.36Installment (12 Months) R4,635.83Installment (12 Months) R2,835.83Installment (18 Months) R3,364.31Installment (18 Months) R2,064.31Full Upfront Fee (Less deposit and registration fee) R45,775.00Full Upfront Fee (Less deposit and registration fee) R27,775.00
On successful completion of this qualification, you can articulate into the following:
- Games Design and Development with C# & Unity
- National Certificate: Multi Disciplinary Draughting (MDDOP N4/5)
Mode of Delivery
Full Time / Part Time / Online
What you get
After finishing this course, you will have a complete understanding of the different pieces of software and the work-flow required to use them successfully.
You will also get:
- Internationally recognized Autodesk Certificates for all software modules.
- Internationally recognized V-Ray Certificate
- Autodesk Maya Certified Professional Certification (upon successful completion of the certification)
- Portfolio of Evidence, Show-reel stills and Animation
Salaries & Skills
- Modelling & Sculpting
- Advanced Lighting
- Dynamics & Simulation
Course Regulatory Information
AIE (Academic Institute of Excellence) has been granted provisional registration as a private college in terms of Section 31(3) of the CET Act and Regulation 12(4), with registration number 2018/FE07/003 for a period of three years.
Learn3D is accredited by the Canadian company Toonboom, accredited by the American company Autodesk to teach 3D animation for design/visualization, character animation and visual effects, accredited by the Bulgarian company Chaos Group to teach V-Ray, the 3ds Max and Maya lighting plug-in.