3D Animation and Visual Effects with Maya/After Effects/V-Ray
This high impact 3D Animation and Visual Effects programme is for students who are interested to work in the film, TV or visual effects industry. It is a practical programme designed to give students the best technical training to work as 3D artists using the popular Maya 3D software as well as the latest state-of-the-art technology and processes. Students will be exposed to all aspects of 3D modelling, animation principles and compositing techniques with the help of Autodesk Maya & Mudbox, Adobe After-Effects and V-Ray.
The functional, hands-on and industry focused approach of this program provide the student with a showreel portfolio of work and a competitive edge in the job market and make it easier to attract the attention of potential employers.
Features and Benefits
- Students will receive no cost student licenses of all software programs used during the programme.
- During the program, students will prepare and write the Autodesk Maya User and Autodesk Maya Professional certification.
- Students will work towards compiling a Portfolio of Evidence and student showreel to allow for early and continuous job application.
- Industry exposure through our industry contacts and online recruitment portal.
- Showcase of student work at our annual internal Job Fair for exposure to potential employers as well as the popular Rage Expo or Comicon.
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) with Foundational Mathematics and English as your home/first language.
- Computer literacy (hardware functions; operating systems; file management)
- 10 months (10 Sessions/Week, 2:00 hours each, +- 2 ½ day/week, class times are between 08:30 & 16:00)
- All learning hours are achieved via your study duration at the academy, studio time and project-based assignments.
*Sessions will be grouped together to lower cost of traveling, however, in some cases classes may not follow this convention and schedules are subject to change.
Online & Part Time
- Part Time = 10 months (2 x evening classes, 18:00 to 21:00, Mon & Wed OR Tues & Thur)
- Online = 10 Months (Online live classes, twice/week, 17:00 - 18:00, Mon & Wed OR Tues & Thurs)
- All learning hours are obtained through a combination of live virtual classes, pre-recorded video lectures and project-based tasks.
Your study kit is included in your fees and will contain:
- Free WIFI (3GB/Month, On Campus only).
- Autodesk student licenses valid for three years.
- Stationary including, Notepad, Sketchpad, A4 & A3 Paper and Tracing Paper.
- Electronic Study Guides.
- Orientation kit including: Student Card, Welcome Letter, Getting Started Guide.
- Access to myAcademy student portal and student support team via phone, email and tickets.
- USB 64GB with all required software applications.
- Game Content Creator
- 3D Animator
- 3D Asset Creator (VR)
- Product Modelling
Price & Payment Options
On successful completion of this qualification, you can articulate into the following:
- Games Design and Development with C# & Unity
- National Certificate: Multi Disciplinary Draughting (MDDOP N4/5)
Mode of Delivery
Full Time / Part Time / Online
What you get
After finishing this course, you will have a complete understanding of the different pieces of software and the work-flow required to use them successfully.
You will also get:
- Internationally recognized Autodesk Certificates for all software modules.
- Internationally recognized V-Ray Certificate
- Autodesk Maya Certified Professional Certification (upon successful completion of the certification)
- Portfolio of Evidence, Show-reel stills and Animation
Salaries & Skills
- Modelling & Sculpting
- Advanced Lighting
- Dynamics & Simulation
Course Regulatory Information
AIE (Academic Institute of Excellence) has been granted provisional registration as a private college in terms of Section 31(3) of the CET Act and Regulation 12(4), with registration number 2018/FE07/003 for a period of three years.
Learn3D is accredited by the Canadian company Toonboom, accredited by the American company Autodesk to teach 3D animation for design/visualization, character animation and visual effects, accredited by the Bulgarian company Chaos Group to teach V-Ray, the 3ds Max and Maya lighting plug-in.