3D Architectural/Design Visualization and Animation with 3DS Max & V-Ray
The 3D Architectural/Design Visualization and Animation with 3DS Max & V-Ray program is geared towards Design/Architectural Visualization and Game Asset Development, including Animation principles that apply to both the visualization and motion graphics industry.
The aim of this course is to provide students with a functional working knowledge of Autodesk 3ds Max & Mudbox, V-Ray, Adobe Photoshop and After Effects. Special focus is placed on V-Ray as it is the physical lighting and rendering engine adopted by most of the industry. Students will be equipped with the knowledge of current solid industry work-flows, focusing on both the technical and creative approaches, with the goal of confidently applying these tools in production.
The functional, hands-on and industry focused approach of this program provide the student with a showreel portfolio of work and a competitive edge in the job market and make it easier to attract the attention of potential employers.
Features and Benefits
- Students will receive no cost student licenses of all software programs used during the programme.
- During the program, students will prepare and write the Autodesk Maya User and Autodesk 3DMax Professional certification.
- Students will work towards compiling a Portfolio of Evidence and student showreel to allow for early and continuous job application.
- Industry exposure through our industry contacts and online recruitment portal.
- Showcase of student work at our annual internal Job Fair for exposure to potential employers as well as the popular Rage Expo or Comicon.
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) with Foundational Mathematics and English as your home/first language.
- Computer literacy (hardware functions; operating systems; file management)
Full Time: 10 months, 5 days a week from 8:30 to 16:00
- Reach your full potential through our myWay Instructor-led or Mentorship based classes combined with interactive lessons, practical assignments and project based learning. Our full time offering consist of learning sessions that make up a full day or selective days within a week.
Part Time: 10 months, 2 evenings a week from 18:00 – 21:00
- Designed for the working professional, our part time program covers the same amount of information as our full time offering. Combined with our myWay Blended Learning, at home exercises/assignments and in-class lectures, this will have you ready for exams in no time.
Online Learning: 10 months, 2 online sessions a week from 17:00 – 18:00
- We have re-defined online learning. Our myWay Online Learning ensures that the student is supported by technology and people throughout his academic journey. We focus on a blended learning approach, combining online Virtual Classrooms, at home exercises, activities and project-based assignments bundled with fully developed video lectures, all managed by our student learning platform.
Your study kit is included in your fees and will contain:
- Free WIFI (3GB/Month, On Campus only).
- Autodesk student licenses valid for three years.
- Stationary including, Notepad, Sketchpad, A4 & A3 Paper and Tracing Paper
- Electronic Study Guides
- Orientation kit including: Student Card, Welcome Letter, Getting Started Guide.
- Access to myAcademy student portal and student support team via phone, email and tickets.
- USB 64GB with all required software applications.
- 3D Design Visualisation Specialist (All industries)
- Design and Product Prototyper
- 3D Presentation Design
- 3D Architectural Presentation
- Previz and backplate (Matte) for the film industry
Price & Payment Options
Registration & Deposit R3,500.00
Include Laptop R18,000.00
Full and Part TimeInstallment (9 Months) R7,185.14Installment (9 Months) R4,885.14Installment (12 Months) R5,635.83Installment (12 Months) R3,835.83Installment (18 Months) R4,086.53Installment (18 Months) R2,786.53Full Upfront Fee (Less deposit and registration fee) R55,775.00Full Upfront Fee (Less deposit and registration fee) R37,775.00
OnlineInstallment (9 Months) R5,907.36Installment (9 Months) R3,607.36Installment (12 Months) R4,635.83Installment (12 Months) R2,835.83Installment (18 Months) R3,364.31Installment (18 Months) R2,064.31Full Upfront Fee (Less deposit and registration fee) R45,775.00Full Upfront Fee (Less deposit and registration fee) R27,775.00
On successful completion of this qualification, you can articulate into the following:
- Games Design and Development with C# & Unity
- National Certificate: Multi Disciplinary Draughting (MDDOP N4/5)
- National Certificate: Architectural Technology NQF5
Mode of Delivery
Full Time / Part Time / Online
What you get
By the end of this course you will be able to create realistic visualizations from small interiors to complex exterior scenes as well as create a purely artistic image or animation, making you ready to enter the workplace at the end of your studies. You will master the art of low-poly modelling with an emphasis on game environment and asset creation.
You will also get:
- Internationally recognized Autodesk Certificates for all software modules.
- Internationally recognized V-Ray Certificate
- Autodesk Maya Certified Professional Certification (upon successful completion of the certification)
- Portfolio of Evidence, Show-reel stills and Animation
Pieces of software and the work-flow required to use them successfully.
Salaries & Skills
- Modelling & Sculpting
- Advanced Lighting
- Dynamics & Simulation
Course Regulatory Information
AIE (Academic Institute of Excellence) has been granted provisional registration as a private college in terms of Section 31(3) of the CET Act and Regulation 12(4), with registration number 2018/FE07/003 for a period of three years.
Learn3D is accredited by the Canadian company Toonboom, accredited by the American company Autodesk to teach 3D animation for design/visualization, character animation and visual effects, accredited by the Bulgarian company Chaos Group to teach V-Ray, the 3ds Max and Maya lighting plug-in.