Games Design and Development with C# & Unity
A great game designer possesses a combination of technical knowledge, artistic skill and most importantly, the ability to communicate and understand people. They thrive on new ideas and are always thinking about how users will interact and enjoy the experience that they’ve created.
The Games Design and Development with C# & Unity programme is a unique blend of both design and developing, ensuring the game designer has enough knowledge on both. Students will be exposed to programming in C#, game theory and development techniques with the leading gaming engine Unity 3D, as well as work with the latest Virtual Reality technology by developing games compatible with the Oculus Rift.
Features and Benefits
- No programming background or experience is required for this programme, you will learn everything you need to know about scripting from the ground up.
- Students will receive no cost student licenses of all software programs used during the programme.
- During the program, students will prepare and write the Unity 3D certification
- Students will work towards compiling a Portfolio of Evidence and student showreel to allow for early and continuous job application.
- Industry exposure through our industry contacts and online recruitment portal.
- Showcase of student work at our annual internal Job Fair for exposure to potential employers as well as the popular Rage Expo or Comicon
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) with Foundational Mathematics and English as your home/first language.
- Computer literacy (hardware functions; operating systems; file management)
Full Time: 10 months, 5 days a week from 8:30 to 16:00
- Reach your full potential through our myWay Instructor-led or Mentorship based classes combined with interactive lessons, practical assignments and project-based learning. Our full time offering consist of learning sessions that make up a full day or selective days within a week.
Part Time: 10 months, 2 evenings a week from 18:00 – 21:00
- Designed for the working professional, our part time program covers the same amount of information as our full time offering. Combined with our myWay Blended Learning, at home exercises/assignments and in-class lectures, this will have you ready for exams in no time.
Online Learning: 10 months, 2 online sessions a week from 17:00 – 18:00
- We have re-defined online learning. Our myWay Online Learning ensures that the student is supported by technology and people throughout his academic journey. We focus on a blended learning approach, combining online Virtual Classrooms, at home exercises, activities and project-based assignments bundled with fully developed video lectures, all managed by our student learning platform.
Your study kit is included in your fees and will contain:
- Free WIFI (3GB/Month, On Campus only).
- Student licenses valid for three years.
- Stationary including, Notepad, Sketchpad, A4 & A3 Paper and Tracing Paper.
- Electronic Study Guides
- Orientation kit including: Student Card, Welcome Letter, Getting Started Guide.
- Access to myAcademy student portal and student support team via phone, email and tickets.
- USB 64GB with all required software applications.
- Mobile Game design
- Game Programmer
Price & Payment Options
On successful completion of this qualification, you can articulate into the following:
- National Certificate: IT Systems Development, NQF5 (Web or Software Developer)
- 3D Design Visualization and Animation using 3DS Max & V-Ray
Mode of Delivery
Full Time / Part Time / Online
What you get
After finishing this course, you will have a complete understanding of the different steps required to make a game.
- Intimate knowledge of game design principles.
- The know-how of how to create your own games from scratch and the entire process involved.
- The process of getting your game onto the market place
- Developing a playable game to be presented at the rAge expo in October.
- Portfolio of Evidence, Show-reel stills and Animation
Salaries & Skills
Course content includes:
- Learning to code from scratch (no previous experience necessary)
- Fundamentals of game programming, such as AI, physics, etc
- Importing and optimization of game assets/animations
- Basic mathematics principles, including geometry
- Storytelling techniques in games
- Game design in terms of good and bad practices
- Game Development following the Oculus VR standards
Course Regulatory Information
AIE (Academic Institute of Excellence) has been granted provisional registration as a private college in terms of Section 31(3) of the CET Act and Regulation 12(4), with registration number 2018/FE07/003 for a period of three years.
Learn3D is accredited by the Canadian company Toonboom, accredited by the American company Autodesk to teach 3D animation for design/visualization, character animation and visual effects, accredited by the Bulgarian company Chaos Group to teach V-Ray, the 3ds Max and Maya lighting plug-in.